Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using the DS1307 as a 32KHz 16F877 Clock

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm putting the final touches on Dragonfly (A PIC16F877A / 16F887) Prototyping board.

It occured to me that I could use the 32KHz SQW/OUT pin as a very slow PIC Clock. And when the 16F887 becomes available a good way to test clock failure and also access RA7 The DIP switch will be very close to the PIC & Crystal.

On a sidenote the RS485 can be hooked up to a standard RS232 port with just a couple of 1K resistors (Schematic to follow or see Cricket on my site)

Keep in mind it all fits a 4" x 6" PCB

Comments? (If you find the other thread on this site for this and firefly... The contest is still open...)

A Hi-res version is on my site https://www.blueroomelectronics.com
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back