Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

using low-cost RF modules with PIC16F877A

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcubed07

Hi, I am new to PICs and I would like to ask if the RF TX/RX modules I bought at a very cheap price (shown below) can be used with PIC16F877A and what are the other external components I need to make them work. I am doing a project in which I need to transmit data (using this TX module) coming from a sensor in which my PIC processes. I also need to transmit other data coming from push button switches (which are also connected to my PIC) for remote control commands. My RX module will be connected to a PC. Do I need also other external components for this?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks and more power to ETO!

280~434MHz ASK RF or Wireless Module

Features:

* Low Power Consumption for 2.5~12V Operation
* Designed for 280~434MHz communication systems
* ASK Modulation/Demodulation
* Low Spurious Noise
* Data Rate of 4800bps (typical)

Electrical Specifications:
Parameter Tx Module Rx Module
Receive Frequency Band <N/A> 280~434MHz
Demodulation Minimum ASK Detection
Receiver Sensitivity Minimum -103dBm
Data Rate Typical 4800bps
Transmit Frequency Band 280~434MHz <N/A>
Modulation ASK <N/A>
Output Power 15.5dBm@12V
14.2dBm@10V
13.5dBm@9V
10.1dBm@6V
8.0dBm@5V
3.0dBm@3V
0.0dBm@2.5V
Duplex Type Transmit Only Receive Only
RF Frequency to Tolerance ±100K ±500K
Temperature Range Operation 0°C to 60°C 0°C to 60°C
Storage -10°C to 70°C -10°C to 70°C
Power Source 2~12VDC 4.5~5.5VDC
Power Consumption Test Voltage: 12V 8.0mA@15.5dBM

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
you can drive it directly. you could use serial output to drive it but there are downsides to this. The output of the async pin is inverted so your transmitter will be on most of the time. particularly bad if battery powered. I would use manchester endoding and drive the transmitter directly from a pin (aka bit-bang). Manchester is a bit tricky to decode but not impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back