Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using leds as voltage indicators

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiterabbit

This project will be the death of me (old age) its taking so long!

I have a couple of solid state controlers which I plan on installing in the same box as light dimmers for two sets of 7, series connected lamps.

What I wanted to do is also install a row of leds for each controller to indicate average voltage to the lamps. I want the leds because they will align with a printed color temp chart for quick reference.

How do I get an led to light at the correct voltage?

I want to indicate average voltage between 10V and 16V in .5V increments.

Thanks for your help, I know this must be a stupid question.

The LM3915 has logarithmic (dB) voltage spacing. The LM3914 might be more suitable, as it has linear spacing. Here's the datasheet:

**broken link removed**

Thanks

I was not expecting something that so closely meets my needs. Though I dont understand it, now I have my starting point.

cheers

Jp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back