Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using IAR to work with micro-controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

electricity86

Hello, I work with IAR, and would like to ask you something about it.
There is an option there to create my own configuration.
Its just that I dont understand what is the duty of a configuration?
What parameters do you set in this configuration?

Here is a picture that illustrates the configuration i'm talking about.
relay-jpg.25991

Thank you very much!

Attachments

• relay.JPG
    relay.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 187
It allows you to develop multiple software products on the the same hardware and firmware base. In the firmware there may be conditional compilation statements of the form

Code:
#if defined(__PRODUCT_1__)
#define product 1 options
#elif defined(__PRODUCT_2__)
#define product 2 options
#else
#error No product options selected
#endif

Now in each of the configurations there is a box where you can define various symbols that are appropriate to the configuration such as:
__PRODUCT_1__ or __PRODUCT_2__

Right clik on the project name, select options, select the compiler (ICC8051), select the #define tab to enter the #define symbols for that project.

Additional projects allow you to compile a different set of source files which are nonetheless part of a common code base for a hardware platform. For example some products use the serial port and some do not.

Get it?

I don't make my email address public. I used to do that and I was inundated with 1200-1500 messages each and every day. Less than 1/2 of 1% were of any actual interest. Any questions that you have should be posted to the public forum; that is the most efficient way of finding answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back