Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using external flash memory for program code

Status
Not open for further replies.

YGem

Hello,

I am using a Zilog controller ZNEO Z16F2811.
I have an external flash SST39VF020 on my board. The external flash contains
the hex of the program code.
Can someone please explain me how to interface so that the controller executes the program from external flash.
Also, how will the control understand each instruction and jump to the required memory in the external flash.

I am new at this. I would really appreciate some help.

Where did you get this board?

These computer boards come with a manual. Did you read it.

The computer data sheet is 392 pages long. (Z16F2811) On page 20 there is a section called external memory. There are probably many other places in the nearly 400 pages that will help.

Thank you for your response ronsimpson.
There is no manual for the board.
I have gone through the manual of the controller and have also seen the related topics.
I don't understand how to map the external Eeprom memory on the microcontroller memory.
I do understand the logic of accessing external Eeprom for data, but how do I read program code from it? How will the controller interpret it?
Also, where can I define the start of memory in controller, that maps onto external memory.

The answers to all those questions should be in the manual. You will need to read it thoroughly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back