Using electret mic as input for tip31 for sound reactive leds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Audio guru i am using your provided scematic to run led strip that works on 12v 1a powersupply. But it didnt worked, please suggest the changes that i need to make.

The datasheet for the LM386 shows that with a 12V supply it gets extremely hot and its output goes only as high as about 6.5V that will probably not light a 12V LED strip. That is why I used 9V and separate LEDs.

Thank you for the reply. Please guide then what do you suggest? Instead of lm386 which amp should i use and what modification do i have to make...

The datasheet for the LM386 shows that with a 12V supply it gets extremely hot and its output goes only as high as about 6.5V that will probably not light a 12V LED strip. That is why I used 9V and separate LEDs.

Find an amplifier that has an output that goes up to 12VDC. An LM1875 is still made and is available. Use it with a 30V supply. Change R4 in its datasheet to 200k. Its heatsink size depends on the power needed by the LED strip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…