Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using EL90/6AQ5 in a audio amp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aleks

Hi,

is it possible to use the EL90/6AQ5 tethrode for building and audio amplifier and if so, does anyone have some kind of a schematic or an idea for building it ?

Thanks in advance :)

Yes it will work as an audio amplifier, about 2 watts of audio out. It needs 6.3V for the filaments and about 250V for the plate. It will also require a output step down transformer to match the output impedance to the impedance of a speaker.

Yes it will work as an audio amplifier, about 2 watts of audio out. It needs 6.3V for the filaments and about 250V for the plate. It will also require a output step down transformer to match the output impedance to the impedance of a speaker.

Thanks for the reply.

I think that I will be able to gather around 4 or 5 of the 6AQ5 tubes, can I arrange them by 2 or by 4 in parallel so I can get some more wattage ?

I would use 4 of them. 2 in parallel and 2 in parallel with the two groups in pushpull in class B configuration and you could get about 10 watts out of them.

I would use 4 of them. 2 in parallel and 2 in parallel with the two groups in pushpull in class B configuration and you could get about 10 watts out of them.

Thanks again, any chance that you might have a schematic of some source about this kind of an amp ?

Thanks again, any chance that you might have a schematic of some source about this kind of an amp ?

There are many hundreds of valve amplifiers circuits on the net, none are likely to use those specific fairly obscure valves though. Biggest problem is aquiring suitable output transformers.

I agree with Nigel. There must be many power tetrode amplifier circuits on the web. As far as the output transformer is concerned you my do a search for Hammond transformers. As I recall they are located in Canada and still produce audio output transformers.

I agree with Nigel. There must be many power tetrode amplifier circuits on the web. As far as the output transformer is concerned you my do a search for Hammond transformers. As I recall they are located in Canada and still produce audio output transformers.

Thanks guys for the replies. First off all I'll try to get my hands on a couple of more of the 6AQ5 tubes. I've found couple of schematics on the net, so when I have 4 tubes I'll try to design a circuit and then I'll ask for your help again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back