Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using EEPROM

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwingeyP

Can anyone help me please. How do I know where my program starts and ends using oshon pic basic. I want to store some values in eeprom but im not sure what addresses to use. I am using a pic16f628a.

Regards - Paul

Can anyone help me please. How do I know where my program starts and ends using oshon pic basic. I want to store some values in eeprom but im not sure what addresses to use. I am using a pic16f628a.

Regards - Paul

hi Paul,
Do you mean FLASH memory or EEPROM memory.?
EEPROM starts at 0
Look at the program Code to check where it ends in Flash.

EDIT:
Shown in Oshonsoft

Attachments

• AAesp02.gif
    AAesp02.gif
    37.7 KB · Views: 157
  • AAesp03.gif
    AAesp03.gif
    17.6 KB · Views: 146
  • AAesp04.gif
    AAesp04.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 140
  • AAesp05.gif
    AAesp05.gif
    9.9 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Hi Eric. Sorry I didn't expalin that very well. I have a few questions now.

I have a program written in oshon pic basic. When I compile I get the bar graph thingy which I don't rightly understand if im honest. What does everything mean? Is the green unfilled space. If so why do programs that are too big to fit on the pic not fill upp all the available green area? Secondly how do I see where the program ends in flash?

I want to store some variables in EEPROM so that they are there the next time the program is run. Obviously I want to store this far away from the main program.

Regards - Paul

Attachments

• piccy.jpg
    piccy.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 142
Hi Eric. Sorry I didn't expalin that very well. I have a few questions now.

I have a program written in oshon pic basic. When I compile I get the bar graph thingy which I don't rightly understand if im honest. What does everything mean? Is the green unfilled space. If so why do programs that are too big to fit on the pic not fill upp all the available green area? Secondly how do I see where the program ends in flash?

I want to store some variables in EEPROM so that they are there the next time the program is run. Obviously I want to store this far away from the main program.

Regards - Paul

hi Paul,
Store variables, that you want to recall at the next power up, in the EEPROM section of the PIC, a 628A has addresses 0x00 to 0x7F for EEPROM.
The FLASH memory is for the program code itself.
The RAM is for volatile memory usage [ not remembered at power off]

Last edited:
Cracked it! - Thanks Eric. All working but very quickly running out of memory. I need a code Guru to rewrite my spaghetti code but in a manner that I can understand. Anyone interested?

Cracked it! - Thanks Eric. All working but very quickly running out of memory. I need a code Guru to rewrite my spaghetti code but in a manner that I can understand. Anyone interested?

hi Paul,
I will 'pass' on that request if you don't mind...;)

If all else fails you could upgrade from 628A to 648A and double the Flash program memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back