Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

use PIC without ICD2

Status
Not open for further replies.

yohanevindra

we now have to do this major project in uni which requires us not to use the ICD2 to interface between the PIC and the PC....we cant debug the program using the ICD2. how do we get this done? once you program the PIC how do you get it to power up and start running on its own?

but how come when using the PIC dem 2 board, we dont see that happeneing? we hav to click run in MPLAB otherwise the program wont run.

lol your silly. You have to program the PIC first then when done programming it will autorun.

In MPLAB goto menu.. Programmer, Select Programmer, ICD2 and then click menu Programmer then Program

Its best to do a fresh compile in MY opinion once in programmer mode.

Last edited:
What he's talking about is after the ICD2 programs the PIC, it holds it in reset. There is an option that allows for "Program after successful build" and "Run after successful program." If the second option is not checked, the PIC is held in reset until you click on the take-out-of-reset button.

yohanevindra, once you've programmed the PIC, remove the ICD2 and cycle power to the board. The PIC should begin running at that time.

ohhh...right right...ive always been using it in debugging mode!!tht's why!!!! sorry guys!!!

so then after i program it it will run when powered?

after programming with the programming mode, it is possible to reprogram it right?

yes and yes

Plz i have problem when compile the file and tell me that in the Output:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Debug build of project `D:\TEST\TEST.mcp' started.
Language tool versions: mpasmwin.exe v5.34, mplink.exe v4.34, mcc18.exe v3.34
Preprocessor symbol `__DEBUG' is defined.
Sun Dec 27 19:52:45 2009
Clean: Deleting intermediary and output files.
Clean: Deleted file "D:\TEST\TEST.mcs".
Clean: Done.
Build aborted. The project contains no source files.
Debug build of project `D:\TEST\TEST.mcp' failed.
Language tool versions: mpasmwin.exe v5.34, mplink.exe v4.34, mcc18.exe v3.34
Preprocessor symbol `__DEBUG' is defined.
Sun Dec 27 19:52:45 2009
BUILD FAILED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back