Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

use of RFID technology in soccerl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rama_ynwa

i want to do a project in which rfid(active) is used to detect whether a soccer ball has crossed the goal-line or not.
i need help in building the transmitter and receiver circuits for the same.
i think they should be of high power as the whole soccer field is covered here.
thanks in advance

This is a big project for me. Nike and Adidas are doing some research on similar design. A positive or semi-positive tag was printed on footbal. But mechnical,size/weight is a big problem.
Not just one receiver installed, but a receiver matrix at several place. You might be able to find more information, if you get access to ieeexplore website. and search with "RFID, football".

i was just thinking if this is possible.
placing a receiver(s) near the goal post and a transmitter inside the ball.
Although i am not sure if such an IC is available in the market ,i will need an IC which can be used for transmitting purposes , since inside the ball , complicated circuits are to be avoided.
using RFID technology inside the ball along with the transmitter, we can detect whether the ball has crossed the line or not. i believe the detection is similar to the one used to prevent shoplifting.. i.e a person walks through a particular path (ball crossing the goal-line in this case)... and a signal can be transmitted from the ball to the receiver as soon as the ball crosses the line.. and i can flash an LED or something to show detection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back