Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB to GPIB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikebits

Greetings, My Kethley 2010 DMM has GPIB interface or RS-232. I wish to find a low cost solution to interface via the GPIB - USB. I found quite a few on Ebay with quite a cost spread so I am wondering if anyone has used one and can give a recommendation or tell me ones to avoid. Thanks

Can you not use the $1 RS232 - USB boards that proliferate on Ebay?

Edit, just realized you would need a MAX232 as well.

Mike.

I use one of these:
https://prologix.biz/gpib-usb-controller.html
with my Racal counter and Fluke bench voltmeter. Works well.

I don't know what you intend to use for a control program, I use EZGPIB, I think that it is still available, the guy who wrote it died and so did his website.
Last time I looked someone else was acting as guardian of it.

JimB

Other thing is I would need labview drivers. As I understand it, some of the agilent clones come with drivers.

I got a gpid card cheap off ebay, the driver database is pretty big. I have a large HP LA thats GPIB, but i would use RS232 over it any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back