usb pic programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mau

hi
i want to usb pic programmer
i found kit 128 from kitsrus.com
but its have alot of smd component so i dont do
have yo got a usb pic programmer thd mode circuit and pcb file eagle ares protel etc..

mau said:
hi
i want to usb pic programmer
i found kit 128 from kitsrus.com
but its have alot of smd component so i dont do
have yo got a usb pic programmer thd mode circuit and pcb file eagle ares protel etc..

I have the k128 or maybe its k182, anyway, its the same from kitsrus

I bought mine already assembed, with the ZIF socket, it was some $40 US cheaper than the icd2 clone ... so far, I have not run into a single processor I could not program with it. The 128 is limited however, by the code space in the program-control uC, so they cannot add any more chips to it. Also, the development team has pretty much given up on writing software for it (micro-pro), so it's basiclly a lame-duck programmer. If you want one that's "future proof", go with the ICD2 clone, there is someone from hong-kong selling the clones on ebay for nearly the same I paid for my k128.

hi friends

i am a high school student

my project is usb pic programmer so i can't buy

one user make usb pic programmer in this forum

i m searching thd mode usb pic programmer pcb

justDIY said:
If you want one that's "future proof", go with the ICD2 clone, there is someone from hong-kong selling the clones on ebay for nearly the same I paid for my k128.

I saw the Hong Kong/Euro clones, but none of them used USB for comm. The USB was only used to replace the wall wart power supply since USB spec allows for a substantial amount of power on the 5v line. I had to read the ad carefully to see this.

People swear by the Olimex one, and I must say as a fast, effective USB device completely supported (including firmware upgrades to the programmer itself) by Microchip, but at a much cheaper price than Microchip, it's a pretty good choice. $99 isn't really a huge cost here.

mau, I don't know of any really effective "kit" USB progs much less ones that actually use the USB port. Just doing a kit, not a design, is not a big deal anyways. I mean, the kit might as well be anything if the goal was to do assembly tasks.

check out lothar stolz's ICD2 clone. you will need access to a programmer to get the bootloader in the PIC initially. Parts cost for the USB version is around $20 USD (purchased in the US, I have no idea what other countries prices will be). The serial version will be about 1/2 the cost.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…