Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

usb pic programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mau

hi
i want to usb pic programmer
i found kit 128 from kitsrus.com
but its have alot of smd component so i dont do
have yo got a usb pic programmer thd mode circuit and pcb file eagle ares protel etc..

Olimex makes a great clone of the ICD2, which works off of USB or serial. Note this is better than most of the ICD2 clones which have a USB port but it's only used to provide power, the communication must be done through the serial only. Olimex does talk through the USB. Pretty fast too.

https://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=5

mau said:
hi
i want to usb pic programmer
i found kit 128 from kitsrus.com
but its have alot of smd component so i dont do
have yo got a usb pic programmer thd mode circuit and pcb file eagle ares protel etc..

I have the k128 or maybe its k182, anyway, its the same from kitsrus

I bought mine already assembed, with the ZIF socket, it was some $40 US cheaper than the icd2 clone ... so far, I have not run into a single processor I could not program with it. The 128 is limited however, by the code space in the program-control uC, so they cannot add any more chips to it. Also, the development team has pretty much given up on writing software for it (micro-pro), so it's basiclly a lame-duck programmer. If you want one that's "future proof", go with the ICD2 clone, there is someone from hong-kong selling the clones on ebay for nearly the same I paid for my k128.

hi friends

i am a high school student

my project is usb pic programmer so i can't buy

one user make usb pic programmer in this forum

i m searching thd mode usb pic programmer pcb

justDIY said:
If you want one that's "future proof", go with the ICD2 clone, there is someone from hong-kong selling the clones on ebay for nearly the same I paid for my k128.

I saw the Hong Kong/Euro clones, but none of them used USB for comm. The USB was only used to replace the wall wart power supply since USB spec allows for a substantial amount of power on the 5v line. I had to read the ad carefully to see this.

People swear by the Olimex one, and I must say as a fast, effective USB device completely supported (including firmware upgrades to the programmer itself) by Microchip, but at a much cheaper price than Microchip, it's a pretty good choice. $99 isn't really a huge cost here.

mau, I don't know of any really effective "kit" USB progs much less ones that actually use the USB port. Just doing a kit, not a design, is not a big deal anyways. I mean, the kit might as well be anything if the goal was to do assembly tasks.

check out lothar stolz's ICD2 clone. you will need access to a programmer to get the bootloader in the PIC initially. Parts cost for the USB version is around $20 USD (purchased in the US, I have no idea what other countries prices will be). The serial version will be about 1/2 the cost.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back