Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB Mobile Microcontroller Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberdyne

hi frnds,
i have been trying to developing a USB interface between a USB mobile and 8051 microcontroller.I know there are some USB host enabled microcontroller like PIC.
1.Can u tell which PIC will be easier to use
2.I finished a similar serial interface for the mobile a few months back with T290i using serial data cable and rs232 connection using AT command set.I was able to send SMS and make Calls using this interface.Now how can this be implemented in USB.

PIC24s and PIC32s support USB Host and USB OTG. PIC18s are client side only. I don't know of any 8 bit microcontrollers that support host functionality.

thanks for the reply frndz:).I suppose it will be difficult to go for USB.What about bluetooth interface .There are many bluetooth serial interface which can attached to the controller and send the commands.Any ideas?

Sorry for the multiple posts.just now i saw the microchips home page they have a very good product line.I am ready to go for the 16 bit controller.
1.What is the difference btwn a embedded host and OTG.
2.In my project the usb peripheral will be Sony erricsson Z550i mobile with usb data cable.Which one should i go for OTG or embedded host.
3.Previously i used to send AT commands through UART.Now when i use the USB controller ,Is it the same AT commands i have to send through the usb data cable?

thanks

hi frnds,
i have been trying to developing a USB interface between a USB mobile and 8051 microcontroller.I know there are some USB host enabled microcontroller like PIC.
1.Can u tell which PIC will be easier to use
2.I finished a similar serial interface for the mobile a few months back with T290i using serial data cable and rs232 connection using AT command set.I was able to send SMS and make Calls using this interface.Now how can this be implemented in USB.

Hi,
I have heard that T230 can be interfaced with 8051 by using serial communication through data cable. But the set is not available in market.T280 is available in market.I have never done interfacing of any mobile with 8051.

Now,I want to interface T280 with 8051 by using serial communication. is it possible or not. if, then how can be done interfacing.is there any difference between T230 interfacing with 8051.

Thanks
Sukhdeep Singh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back