Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB Microcontroller Cloning

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.BO

Does any have any insight on how to accomplish this? The chip in question is CY7C68013A-56BAXC and it's a BGA. Do they make BGA cloning devices like they have for normal DIPS? Attached is a pic of the chip in the circuit and I believe it is what is causing the NO POWER issues in these devices. Also, if the chip is protected, is there a way around that?

Attachments

• 20200917_091249.jpg
    20200917_091249.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 189
What is the device?
What did the manufacturer say?

Welcome to ETO!
Also, if the chip is protected, is there a way around that?
Certainly no straightforward way. If there were, there'd be little point in protecting the firmware.

Welcome, I'm in agreement with Alex and would go a little further and say it'll be almost impossible to clone that chip. I don't know what DIPs you cloned but most modern DIP microcontrollers can't be cloned.

Mike.

Welcome, I'm in agreement with Alex and would go a little further and say it'll be almost impossible to clone that chip. I don't know what DIPs you cloned but most modern DIP microcontrollers can't be cloned.

Mike.

Depends if they are protected or not? - I never protect my devices - although some are potted in resin :D

But generally I would expect any large scale commercial products to use protected devices.

The circuitry you are seeing is for an intra-oral dental sensor (takes images of your teeth) and my company repairs these as well as cameras. No manufacturer is going to give me schematics or programming info for any of it, so we essentially have to reverse engineer these things to fix issues at component level. This is currently one of my roadblocks for power issues in these devices.

Have you tried reading the datasheet?

USB Uploads and Downloads
The core has the ability to directly edit the data contents of theinternal 16-KB RAM and of the internal 512-byte scratch padRAM via a vendor-specific command. This capability is normally used when soft downloading the user code and is available only to and from the internal RAM, only when the 8051 is held in reset.

I've only glanced VERY briefly at it but the quote above suggests it's possible, but only if you know the vendor specific command to do so?.

But of course even if you did have the command, it rather depends on the fault not been memory corruption, which as it's actually stored in RAM sounds more possible than if it was stored in EEPROM or FLASH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back