Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

usb interfacing using PIC 16f877a

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoeshell

Hello,
everybody,
Now, I am trying to control some softwares using PIC 16F877a via USB port. But, now, I have problem. I cann't send any data to pc. How can I send the data to pc?
If you have any idea, please reply me,
Thank for reading my post.:p:p

A 16F877 doesn't have a USB port, but you could transfer it out as serial data and feed it through an RS232/USB converter.

If you want native USB, look at various of the 18F series.

Thank a lot for your reply,
Now, I have already test to control the software using PIC16f877a via PS2 port. So, I have thought that may be Ok. If so, I am not clear what you mean. I need to change the controller or not. Let me know about that if possible.
Thank you:p:p

What's a PS2 port got to do with it?, a PS2 port isn't USB, it's a type of syncronous serial used for mice and keyboards.

If you want USB, you need to change the processor to an 18F series that supports it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back