USB hard drive - microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halo

I need some guidlines on this subject.

I plan to build a mp3 player which will use an usb hard drive as a memory. Have looked around but doesn't found any information on how to begin (Theres are a lot of information about usb but not on how to communicate with a hard drive).
So if you anyone have any clues or maybe you have already buld one I would be glad.

Thanks

There are plenty of ready made USB/IDE interfaces available at little cost, there wouldn't be much point in spending a great deal more money trying to do something similar. Most of them use a custom made chip, you would need a considerable amount of electronics to duplicate them.

Hi!
Thanks for your answer, but it's not a USB/IDE interface I'm going to build.
It's a USB to USB (HOST to Peripherals).

The hardware I'm going to use is a maxtor oneTouch disk (has only usb) and a microcontroller, haven't decided which microcontroller to use.
Problaby someone that already has USB. So what I'm worry about it's how to communicate with the hard drive.
I haven't found any similar info or project on the webb so I hope somebody can give me a hint.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…