Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB - game port adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tha_Wizard

Does anybody know how to make a game port to USB adapter ?
I recently changed my motherboard and my new one dosen't have a gameport. I have a Steering wheel, 2 joysticks and a Gamepad, so I dont want to buy a new game controller because I already have enough of them.

Yeah, that would work. They might have cards that only have a gameport... I'm not sure. But, a new sound card with a game port or game port card if they have them would be the easiest way.

Edit: Here we are! I KNEW they had them. **broken link removed**

Electric Rain said:

Lol, 8 Bit ISA, unlikely to fit on any motherboard that's not older then 3 years or so...

Any good PCI soundcard should have a gameport...

Exo said:
Electric Rain said:

Lol, 8 Bit ISA, unlikely to fit on any motherboard that's not older then 3 years or so...

:lol: Yeah, that's true. I didn't even think to see if it was ISA. But they might have PCI ones. I just wouldn't want to get a sound card because it uses more resources when you won't even be using it for the sound.

grrr_arrghh said:
or buy a usb to gameport adapter - less than £10 (I know www.maplin.co.uk sell then)

just because you could make it, doesn't mean its worthwhile...

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention that... that would work. The only place I've seen them at is Radioshack. But... if you look at my sig, you'll see that... I wouldn't ever get much of anything from them anymore. :roll:

Electric Rain said:
grrr_arrghh said:
or buy a usb to gameport adapter - less than £10 (I know www.maplin.co.uk sell then)

just because you could make it, doesn't mean its worthwhile...

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention that... that would work. The only place I've seen them at is Radioshack. But... if you look at my sig, you'll see that... I wouldn't ever get much of anything from them anymore. :roll:
As I said, maplin sell them - £7.99 (bout $14 ) and delivery is pretty reasonable.

P.S. I just thought, does ur motherboard have a gameport connection header on it? Mine did, and I had to get the header to gameport cable separately...

A point of interest here... I have a microsoft FF wheel, with the 'old' gameport plug. Win XP doesn't properly support the gameport for this wheel, the 'XP' drivers for this wheel are now only for the 'later' USB versions, which is a pain. The maplin adaptor, works, but you loose the FF function, which is pretty useless :(

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back