Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB for AVR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rufio

hello again freinds.....i want to make a programmer for AVR using USB input from my LAPTOP...I DO NOT WANT TO BUY AN ALREADY DESIGNED PROGRAMMER OF THIS TYPE as suggested in most of the forums...how do i go about it...

The LUFA libraries have an AVRISPMkII-compatible project.

You might look at **broken link removed** for an example of what a good programmer would look like, circuit-wise.

The LUFA (Four Walled Cubicle - LUFA (Formerly MyUSB)) library AVRISPMKII project is an excellent way to go if you plan to use an atmel USB chip ie the at90usb162, atmega32u2 etc. It supports 3 current protocols used by atmel chips. the common ISP for most 8bit chips, PDI for the xmega line and TPI for the new attiny4,5,9 and 10 6pin chips. If all you need is ISP then any of the bitbanged programers out there will do. There are several good ones including the one from (USBtiny-based AVR Programmer) which offers code, schematic and board files. That code originated from (USBtiny) which also works well. I am rather partial to my programmer and the LUFA library but there are simpler solutions if all you need is ISP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back