Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB drive to printer project

Status
Not open for further replies.

beetle_slayer

OK, first my experience. I am an auto tech and I have basic knowledge and good thinking skills. I grew up watching my brother take apart and put together electronic projects.
At my job, I save a text document from a scan tool on a USB thumb drive and plug it into a computer to open and print. The problem is that the computer is usually tied up. If I could design and build a device to where I could plug in the USB drive, push a button and the printer prints it--all without a computer.
Three components are needed: USB drive, printer, and some interface to make the printer print the text document.
I would assume a power supply, pic and some basic hardware is needed. Any ideas on this?

You may want to look at this **broken link removed**
I have used this to transfer data from a compact flash card to a harddisk. It will not work to do what you want though. Just thoughy it might give you an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back