Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB communication with PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay.... currently completing it...just waiting for it to dry.. I washed the soldering paste off it.
Do I need to ground the metal casing of the USB pins?
Also, I used 1uF for the Vusb, but the datasheet for 2550 says 220nF... it should be okay, right?

Attachments

• Image0310.jpg
    Image0310.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
The picture is a little fuzzy. What sort of solder needs to dry ?

The datasheet
An
external 220 nF (±20%) capacitor is required for stability.

A 1uF is 1000nF. I have seen .1uF (100nF) caps used on the Sparkfun UBW's.

I think grounding the metal case of the USB connector may provide shielding.

3v0

Last edited:
yeah... the camera is just 2 Mpix... my cellphone.
I'm not drying my soldering.. I washed the soldering paste off with some suds and water. So it's wet. The residue gives the perfboard a grimy look. :p
So the capacitance is crucial, yes? I'll change it then.

yeah... the camera is just 2 Mpix... my cellphone.
I'm not drying my soldering.. I washed the soldering paste off with some suds and water. So it's wet. The residue gives the perfboard a grimy look. :p
So the capacitance is crucial, yes? I'll change it then.
You washed the flux residue off the board. Solder paste is flux with tiny balls of solder in it used for reflow soldering SMD parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back