Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

US Navy Electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrostatic

Hey ive been told that the US Navy has a good program in electronics. I am going to graduate with an associate degree and so im thinking about joining the Navy. Can the experts give me the pros and cons as to why i should or shouldn't join

upand_at_them said:
Or, you could just buy the book.

Unless you'd rather put your life in danger.

Mike

People's life are always at risk i don't see why is it that people think that once you join the armed forces your going to die or something

Hi,

The armed forces may be having good projects.
But you can get better projects elsewhere too.

I doubt that technical division of navy will be in high risk environment.
But you will have the satisfaction that you are working for your country.

At the end of the day, job satisfaction is what that matters.

tkvenki said:
Hi,

The armed forces may be having good projects.
But you can get better projects elsewhere too.

I doubt that technical division of navy will be in high risk environment.
But you will have the satisfaction that you are working for your country.

At the end of the day, job satisfaction is what that matters.

Thats what i was thinking about. It can't be that bad although your always a soldier first before your career.

Electrostatic said:
upand_at_them said:

Mike

People's life are always at risk i don't see why is it that people think that once you join the armed forces your going to die or something

Yes peoples lives are always at risk but sometimes the risk is higher than need be..

Join the Navy because you want to join the Navy not because of a perceived notion that the electronics courses are good. I've read that book. It's not terrible impressive. I've talked to people who have gone through the coursework, not impressive either.

Optikon said:
Electrostatic said:
upand_at_them said:

Mike

Yes peoples lives are always at risk but sometimes the risk is higher than need be..

Join the Navy because you want to join the Navy not because of a perceived notion that the electronics courses are good. I've read that book. It's not terrible impressive. I've talked to people who have gone through the coursework, not impressive either.

I wouldn't join the Navy because of a notion. I would join the Navy for an education which is my priority. Ohh and by the way, what book are you guys talking about

I don't know the title, but I've seen it plenty of times at the bookstore...It says it's the same book used for the Navy's course in electronics.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back