Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

US Customs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean "foul" or "fowl", as in what a chick?:D

John

Yeah, thanks for pointing that out. I thought something didn't look right.

I was playing around with this voice recognition stuff today. Oh man, I got mad that dern exercise was so long! Could help me out once I get it straight. Anybody else use it? I'm not sure it's gonna be worth messing with from the first dictations I tried out.

I was playing around with this voice recognition stuff today. Oh man, I got mad that dern exercise was so long! Could help me out once I get it straight. Anybody else use it? I'm not sure it's gonna be worth messing with from the first dictations I tried out.

I bought one of those voice recognition progs once. Once! It was a pain to use and I spent more time correcting errors so I gave up the cause.

We started using a commercial version in 2003-2004. Worked well with a restricted vocabulary. Are you using Dragon?

John

I bought one of those voice recognition progs once. Once! It was a pain to use and I spent more time correcting errors so I gave up the cause.

That's exactly what I'm afraid of. I was just trying more stuff.

No John, I don't think I am. It's just something that came with the laptop. It's an Acer. So I don't know.

It has some usable features. It's pretty slick where you can just say,

"Open Wordpad" ...and there it is. entertaining if nothing else.

I just noticed something else. There is an ongoing design flaw in the sound circuitry on the PC's, well, I can't afford the super duper ones like a 1200 dollar Dell, so I don't know if that includes all of them. But as some of you know I like to listen to audio streams. I'm listening to Jack McLamb right now on "Network 2" www.gcnlive.com. Keeps my mind excercised when I take a break...lol.

Anyway, I just turned the audio all the way down and it still shows up on the bar graph for the voice recognition. I also noticed that when I turned on my Virtins Oscilloscope software. I had the exact same situation with my old Toshiba laptop. It might be a deliberate phenomena since it is more than like multiplexed together through a hub, but I would like to see this corrected. Perhaps I could get me a contract job out out of it. Hmmmmm

We started using a commercial version in 2003-2004. Worked well with a restricted vocabulary. Are you using Dragon?

John

Exactly what I had. Do not remember version as I uninstalled it.

My sound card used was the Audigy Platinum.

I just noticed something else. There is an ongoing design flaw in the sound circuitry on the PC's, well, I can't afford the super duper ones like a 1200 dollar Dell, so I don't know if that includes all of them.
A $1200 Dell is nothing more than a rebadged $350 refurbished eMachines piece of garbage (IMHO). There's nothing "super duper" about that!:p

A $1200 Dell is nothing more than a rebadged $350 refurbished eMachines piece of garbage (IMHO). There's nothing "super duper" about that!:p

About what I figured. I just got me an Acer for about $625 at Brandsmart and an extremely high tech friend of mine said they were very good. His name is Karl Schwarz. A CEO of an international nano-tech company. I may be working for him soon. If I do I have to move to Vienna Austria.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back