Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Urgent help pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

paparts

I am creating a line filower and i have encountered this error
Error[173] D:\COE4 FILES\JOSEPH\MICRO 2\LYN.ASM 139 : Source file path exceeds 62 characters (C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\C*****S FAMILY\DESKTOP\MICRO 2\MPASM\P16F84A.INC)

Can u help me with this?

tnx

The pathname to the .asm files is too long, try using a path such as:
Code:
C:\PIC Projects\Line_Follower.asm
C:\PIC Projects\P16F84A.INC

Last edited:
Wow that must be one piece of poorly designed software.

I'd start looking for something better if I were you.

The software should be able to handle paths as long as your operating system will allow.

That piece of poorly designed software is called MPASM, the default core assembler for the MPLAB development environment. MPASM was build on a DOS platform.

The present of one error does not constitute a poorly designed software. It must first fail at performing its primary function. In this case convert assembly instructions and mnuemonics into hex based machine code. This primary function it does just fine.

Hero999 said:
Wow that must be one piece of poorly designed software.

I'd start looking for something better if I were you.

The software should be able to handle paths as long as your operating system will allow.

I think a WELL DESIGNED software detects the file name path length too.

You won’t get any well designed software other than MPLAB which has all the PROGRAMMING & DEBUGGING features to majority of micro controllers, It’s an integrated toolset for embedded applications.

Most people used MPLAB only to convert their program to a hex file. After that no need the software or tool suit for them.
When you come to C18 & C30 compilers to program 18F & 24C, DS PICs you will really need the features supported by the MPLAB.

If you get a software other than MPLAB please send it to me.

paparts said:
I am creating a line filower and i have encountered this error
Error[173] D:\COE4 FILES\JOSEPH\MICRO 2\LYN.ASM 139 : Source file path exceeds 62 characters (C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\C*****S FAMILY\DESKTOP\MICRO 2\MPASM\P16F84A.INC)

Can u help me with this?

tnx
Hi,
I would have the "MICRO 2\MPASM" folder on your C: drive.
It appears that when you installed the program it defaulted to the "DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS" folder/sub folders, the path address is too long.

As Gayan correctly points out "I think a WELL DESIGNED software detects the file name path length too."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filename

Eric

Last edited:
The top of the line heavy hitting, expensive, and years of ongoing development Microsoft products have the same problems with path length.

The ghost poster above is correct. Keep a short path and code more, post less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back