Urgent Help Please Circuit Design 555 Cd4017

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay guys im back

Hello Allen,
Nice work. You must be very thorough and have a load of patience- all signs of a good engineer. I suspect that there was a couple of faults. I would love to get my hands on the board to find out what was going on.

Chuck
spec i still have the board as it was in the final stage i could send it over to you just so you can have a look etc. (i dont want it back i can remake it)

Please don't get mad because of him.
May be the OP should have started on a breadboard. Make the circuit working first, then commit to a PCB. Or put sockets on the 2 chips.
Allen

yes i could have used a breadboard however this was a rushed timeframe and im only just getting into circuitry etc but thanks for the input and i will be getting a breadboard and a smaller soldering iron, also sockets are definitely the way to go, however when i purchased all the components it completely slipped my mind

well anyway guys today was the nephews birthday and i managed to complete it besides the circuit however it is ready to have the circuit plugged in. This is what i built for my nephew (he turned 2 today)

Morning from the UK Keshin,

It's 7:50am here- have been dreaming about 555s

If you would not mind sending the board that would be much appriciated. I will pm my address.

That toy you built for your two-year-old nelhew is great- bet he loves that. You know, that might make a good toy for maketing.

Are you going to be experimenting today, or do you fancy a rest.

Last edited:
Ok that's good to know with timing haha it's 8.20 pm Aus here, I won't be able to experiment tonight as I haven't got another 555 yet (shop was shut) however in the morning I can get some.

Thanks yes he loved it, they call them a busy board, good fun for kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…