Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Urgent help on electret mic amplification

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalyan_chakri31

hii

i am working on some project and i want to connect and record the output from electret mic in the osciloscope. the problem i am facing is that when the mic is connected directly to the osciloscope...i cannot see anysort of signal in the osciloscope.
i have tried to make an amplifier using 741 op-amp but was not able to get anything. i am not from electronics background so i hope i didnot made a good circuit.....if i use a mic pre-amp then will the output from this mic pre-amp be sufficient to see a good signal in the osicloscope. are there any readymade kits available onime so that i can buy 1. i've seen one of such kind online but im not sure if that could solve my problem....somebody please guide me correctly ....

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

the above two links are the kits i am talking about. will these be helpful to me if i replace the mics in these circuits with what i need?

You did not attach the schematic of your 741 opamp preamp so we can't fix it for you.

An electret mic must be powered for it to work.

i connected the circuit for the mic as per the diagram printed at the back of the cover in which the mic comes. ( the mic was purchased from radioshack)

but i tested the mic alone with just two wires attached to it and i connected it to the computer and then i was able to hear it from the speakers.

can the kits in the above posted links be sufficient to read the signal in osciloscope ? i will be posting my op-amp circuit too

Your computer has a mic input that powers an electret mic.

The Canakit CK495 preamp for an electret mic should work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back