Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Urgent: Fish tank water filter motor demaged :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

0xStephx0

I was washing the water filter for my fish tank, and it seems like I got the little motor wet because it's not working now.
Is there anything I can do about it? My fishes will asphyxiate if I don't get that repaired by tomorrow :(

Hi,

Try placing the motor in front of a large fan and letting it sit there for a few hours. That should dry it out. If nothing burnt out it will work again. If not, you'll just have to get another motor or another filter.
You can get away without the filter for a while, but you can still aerate the tank with one of those little air stones.

If it is a salt water tank i'd run out and get another filter right now though. If you get the old one working again at least then you'll have a backup for next time this happens.

Carefull use of a hairdyer might do the trick, but I think if it did stop due to water its probably ruined.
Are you sure you put it bac together proper, these things are usually well water tight even when taken apart to comply with regulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back