Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UPS battery replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark666

Hi to all

I'm repairing several UPS Systems.
I came across one UPS that someone replaced its battery of 12V 9Ah by a 15V 5Ah battery that resulted in damaging the 12V relays as the relays were the only parts that was burnned.
Replaced the relays and tested the UPS with an 12V 7Ah battery the UPS works perfectly.
The problem is that I can't find 12V 9Ah batterys in any store.
I used a 12V 7Ah battery to test but i don't know if that will be OK for long term solution.
Will the UPS work with a 12V 7Ah battery?

Thanks

Assuming the battery is the same in all other respects, it will have 22% shorter holdup time.

If placement of battery is not an issue, you could install higher Ah battery + external charger to boost backup time. I have been using 600VA UPS with 45 Ah battery (replacing 7 Ah one) for last 3 years without any problems.

It would be nice to higher ah battery the problem is that it would not be safe to have an external battery due to kids and pets... If using 7ah battery is ok, i'l stay with that.

Thanks to all

Hi to all

I'm repairing several UPS Systems.
I came across one UPS that someone replaced its battery of 12V 9Ah by a 15V 5Ah battery that resulted in damaging the 12V relays as the relays were the only parts that was burnned.
Replaced the relays and tested the UPS with an 12V 7Ah battery the UPS works perfectly.
The problem is that I can't find 12V 9Ah batterys in any store.
I used a 12V 7Ah battery to test but i don't know if that will be OK for long term solution.
Will the UPS work with a 12V 7Ah battery?

Thanks
I don't see how that is possible as myself replace these ridiculous batteries with automotive 12V for years without problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back