Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Upgrade a digital pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

danetag

Hi there,

I'm a multimedia student in Gobelins, France.

I have a projet with a digital pen :Livescribe :: Never Miss A Word

But this pen is "limited", we would like to upgrade this pen with Bluetooth, for a synchronised communication with a compuiter.

I have found this document for help : Binaural Recording For Smart Pen Computing Systems - Patent application :
"The input/output (I/O) port 240 allows communication between the smart pen 100 and a computing system 120, as described above. In one embodiment, the I/O port 240110, thus making an electrical connection for data transfer when the smart pen 100 is placed in the docking station 110. In another embodiment, the I/O port 240 simply comprises ajack for receiving a data cable (e.g., Mini-USB or Micro-USB). Alternatively, the I/O port 240 may be replaced by a wireless communication circuit in the smart pen 100 to allow wireless communication with the computing system 120 (e.g., via Bluetooth, WiFi, infrared, or ultrasonic)."

It is possible ? What is the price for this upgrade ?

Thank you !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back