Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

unstable output from octal latch

Status
Not open for further replies.

intensenex

I really need help in understanding how my octal latch 74HCT573N and 74HCT373N is giving me very unstable output. i needed an ic latch with common data and not common enable (LE). SO the problem is everytime i changed the data for 2nd Latch it would switch the data for the first latch. Basically i want to enter the bits serially into the latch and to make up for that i have made the following attached circuit. I am using diodes to create high impedence when the outputs from octal latch sinks so the latch retains its data even when enable is high. ALso diode is required from 4017 so that when its output also sinks it does't drive the data in latch to LOW. i am using 1N914B diodes.

But upon doing that following would happen on each clock pulse (2 Hz):
pulse1 LED1= ON
pulse2 LED4= ON
pulse3 LED3= ON LED4 ON
pulse4 LED5= ON LED6 ON

i need the LEDs to light up serially.

LEDs sometimes light up randomly. I have even used RC debouncer circuit and still doesn't work. Sick and tired of it behaving like this.

I am running out of time so please advice me a solution quickly and i beg of you to not ask what i am building this for because then it will take a lotta time in making materials to explain.

Attachments

• circuit.JPG
    circuit.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Hard to see what you are doing without the whole circuit. But with this part the MR pin needs something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back