Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"unread posts" functionality seems to have disappered!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeMl

Most Helpful Member
"new posts" functionality seems to have disappered!

Last edited:
I too use "New Posts". Perhaps you were thinking of the "Unread Watched Threads" option?

"new posts" has disappeared from my Forums tab. Have been using it for years, but it is gone now...

Firefox 52.0

I just noticed: If I click on"forums", I see "new Posts" for about 30ms, and then "new posts" gets overwritten with "Watched Threads ". Is it something I did?

This is my banner now. It used to look like John's:

for.png

Last edited:
See post #4 (new info).

Mike,

My banner with Firefox version 56.0.02 (64 bit), Win 7 Pro, SP1:
upload_2017-11-28_17-30-2.png

BTW, Firefox 57.0, which auto loaded, crashed every chance it got. I reverted to above and in Options selected "Never check for updates".

I do get a pop-up that tells me about "New posts", but only if I'm in that thread when they occur. Not sure if that's what you're referring to...

Hi Mike,

For those of us for whom it works, there is no ellipsis after "unanswered threads". That implies something is hidden in your header. Try clicking on that. When I mess with it to get the ellipsis (using "inspect") and click on the ellipsis, the drop down shows "New Posts." If that appears, maybe you can pull it back to your header in typical Windows fashion.

John

It just started working again (on its own). I didn't have a chance to track down what is meant by the ... ellipsis, because it disapeared, too...

Don't know if if this will help if the problem recurs :-
Deleting the ETO cookie removes the "Keep me signed in" function.
"New posts" doesn't appear if you aren't signed in.

If your browser window is narrower in width then the ellipsis appears and some options disappear (you have to click on the ellipsis to see them). If you make your browser window wider all of the options will appear, assuming your zoom isn't set too high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back