Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

understanding multiplier ckt

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronist

could anybody please explain the following multiplier ckt in detail

Attachments

• multiplier.jpg
    multiplier.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 374
After a quick look my guess is that this circuit takes the log of the two inputs and then does a simple sumation. I forget the exact formula but when you take the log of something you can change multiplies into addition and then inverse log.

If you want mode insite into the circuit look up log amplifiers on google.

I just cant beiieve that at such a superb site i just got one reply. Is there nobody who can explain this electronic ckt.

Hi Electronist,
Most of us at this superb site just use a Multiplier or Log IC instead of your pile of parts and let the IC manufacturer worry about how they work. I vaguely remember seeing your circuit in about 1975.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back