Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Understanding Driver Calibrations in s typical embedded system ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jani12

Consider a typical Electronic Control Unit(ECU), let's say Powertrain ECU.

It's my understanding some drivers are calibrated, maybe current control output drivers. Another words, at end of manufacturing line, measurements are made and driver calibrations are stored in NVM for optimal performance.

At runtime, ECU software will fetch these calibrations to driver actuators.

Please provide comprehensive tutorial on driver calibration theory. There might be some slope and linear equations involved. How are typical driver calibrations scaled so only certain range of correction factors are stored?

What do these calibration values represent? Current?

No, I need to test driver calibrations in our embedded system. Calibrations are not defined yet. I just wanted to know how typical drivers are calibrated so I can understand the calibrations in our system.

What systems are you using ?

In our systems, calibration is usually done by multi point cal then either a polynomial fit or linear fit is applied dependant on the level of accuracy required and the type of sensor being calibrated. Your company should have some kind of procedure for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back