Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

unclean waveform while tapping transmitter signal from NPN emitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

mik3ca

Here is another attempt at me making a transmitter at about 433Mhz. Eventually I'll tune L1, C1, and C3, but the major problem I have here is that I took an idea of tapping the signal off the oscillator NPN emitter instead of the collector. When I run the simulation I get a rather choppy waveform (see attachment) showing no real modulation. If I strip everything to the right of the 5p capacitor except the battery (of 5VDC), then I can probe the voltage of the NPN collector and a clean waveform will result, however the voltage reading is maybe 12 at most which won't be much for transmitter distance.

Rather than me upping the voltage, what else can I do to fix this? Is R3 and L2 and C4 and Q2 wrong? I'm lost.

circuit.png

I couldn't upload the plot file (because .plt wasn't allowed) but I did upload my circuit file just now. It was made with LTspice V4.

Attachments

• ltcircuit.asc
    2.7 KB · Views: 117
Do you have the files for 2sc3357? I don't have anything. I need something like this:
.model FZT849 NPN(IS=5.8591E-13 NF=0.9919 BF=230 IKF=18 VAF=90 ISE=2.0067E-13 NE=1.4 NR=0.9908 BR=180 IKR=6.8 VAR=20 ISC=5.3E-13 NC=1.46 RB=0.023 RE=0.0223 RC=0.015 CJC=200E-12 MJC=0.3006 VJC=0.3532 CJE=1.21E-9 TF=1.07E-9 TR=9.3E-9 Vceo=30 Icrating=7 mfg=Zetex) ; (C) 1993 ZETEX PLC, Last revision 14/3/97

The .plt files are very large and don't say much.
Thanks for the .asc file.

i don't think there is a problem with the circuit , altough the wave displays somewhat ??? wavy
ltcircuit_mod-A.png
i feel myself at home up to 20 ... 30 MHz but not at above it -- i just checked it from "Spice technical" point of view -- can't much credit my oppinion

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back