Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unable to run downloaded and installed EMC software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyback

Hi,
I have downloaded and installed the "EMC engineer software" from the top of the following web page by Laplace Instruments...

However, it wont run as it gives the following error message. ( attached)
"The code execution cannot proceed because usbi2cio.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem"
Do you know how i can solve this so that i can run the software?
Re-installing doesn't help.

.....that driver (usbi2cio.dll) is available on the same download page as linked in the link but when you try and install it, it says it could damage your computer system....so i refrained from installing it. Do you know if its safe? The warning message for usbi2cio.dll is also attached.

Attachments

• error message.jpg
    error message.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 192
  • warning message for usbi2ciodll.jpg
    warning message for usbi2ciodll.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
What did EMC tell you when you contacted them about the problem?

I emailed Laplace Instruments. They replied now. Problem sorted.
I only actually need to open the .LPL files (scan plots) which this software produces.

Last edited:
Have you tried opening the plots in a text editor? Post the results.

Also to safety ->
.dll stand for dynamic link library. It contains code that can be executed when application is running.
You cant execute .dll itself. You need to inject it to proccess.
Program that you try to run needs this library but cant find it cause its located in bad place.
You can try copy it to emc program directory or system32.
I am using eset internet security to keep me safe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back