Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unable to respond to my thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerStrom8

Super Moderator
Hi DS... There is still something wrong with the themes.... I have been running with "Fixed width" as the default is broken.. The only problem with the "Fixed width" theme is some characters are invisible, but at least I can post..

Dave has someone on the case, but that was nearly two weeks ago...

Something which I have noticed in the past few days,
when I click on a thread to view the posts, the screen changes but there is no content, just a blank grey background.

If I go back to the menu, and let the mouse pointer hover over the required thread until I get a "preview pop up" and then click to select the thread, the thread content is displayed normally.

JimB

Something which I have noticed in the past few days,
when I click on a thread to view the posts, the screen changes but there is no content, just a blank grey background.

If I go back to the menu, and let the mouse pointer hover over the required thread until I get a "preview pop up" and then click to select the thread, the thread content is displayed normally.

JimB
Same. As Ian pointed out recently this is probably due to a bug in the latest software template.

If you click on "New Posts" (under Forums) a few times you will also get the blank page. Pressing refresh makes it appear.

Mike.
Edit, and now I can't repeat the problem.

Same problems on Win & Chrome, and also problems on iPhone - having to refresh the page/swipe from left/Safari keeps saying internet connection has been lost.....only on ETO, no other site.

I'm getting blank pages too.

I get a similar problem .... a "refresh" usually corrects it.
When I first land on a thread the input window is BLANK refreshing the screen usually fixes it, but not always.

See attached images to see what I mean.

Attachments

• Filled.PNG
    Filled.PNG
    36.5 KB · Views: 242
  • Blank.PNG
    Blank.PNG
    25.2 KB · Views: 239
Going to be hard to find new members/users if they keep getting blank pages - because, who tries to refresh?

E88E7AAD-4147-45B5-A538-CB803876A22A.jpeg

Seems to be OK for me today but that might be coincidence. Would be nice to get some form of feedback.

Mike.
Edit, spoke too soon. Problem still there.

Seems to be OK for me today but that might be coincidence. Would be nice to get some form of feedback.

Mike.
Edit, spoke too soon. Problem still there.
I second the desire for some feedback.

dmiyares

yes, blank screens and on chrome for me... on the new post page, but also forum pages and some threads too....
based on my recent introductory work with http the blank screen suggests that the server is returning the http:200 but then not delivering the content

One thing I noticed is, when you get a blank page, the favicon (image shown in the tab) is different.

Mike.

On my Windows 10 Browser called Edge, my email notification frequently shows a blank screen, because it has scrolled by itself to the bottom of the notification. It only happens here on Electro-Tech-Online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back