Unable to program the blue pill (STM32F103C8T6 MCU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sashvat

Hi guys, I have bought a blue pill board (an STMF103C8T6) development board and tried programming it. I am using the FTDI chip (board) to transfer code from Arduino IDE (on a Mac) to this board. But I am unable to send code to it.

I accidentally connected a micro-usb cable to power given on the board and connected the 3.3v and GND from the FTDI board to the STM32 blue pill board at the same time. Is there a chance that I might have blown my board up? The power LED works fine and the PC13 green led blinks. So what is the problem and why am I not able to upload code? Is it because I am using Mac or anything else?

Thank you

I don't think those boards need an FTDI chip but have the serial comms already on board. Just plug it into a usb cable and follow one of the many tutorials on the web.

Mike.

I don't think those boards need an FTDI chip but have the serial comms already on board. Just plug it into a usb cable and follow one of the many tutorials on the web.

Mike.
So the micro USB port on board the chip can be directly connected to a computer and the code can be uploaded directly? Can I please get a Link to your tutorials?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…