Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UL certificate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphacat

Hey,

When you order components, how can you know if these components have passed compliance with UL regulation?

I need to know if all the components which our product consists of have passed compliance with UL regulation, but when I entered the datasheet of several components, there was no indication there about UL certificate.

Thank you very much for any help.

Hey,

When you order components, how can you know if these components have passed compliance with UL regulation?

I need to know if all the components which our product consists of have passed compliance with UL regulation, but when I entered the datasheet of several components, there was no indication there about UL certificate.

Thank you very much for any help.

Look them up here:
UL Online Certifications Directory

Unless the component is meant for connection to high voltage (>42.4) there generally is not UL/CSA/VDE requirement and the component will not be UL recognised.

Hey guys,
Thanks for your help.
RadioRon,
I entered this site, and there was no option there to search for components, by their manufacturer number.
So what did you mean by look them up there?

bailey45,
We were told by the UL lab that they require all our components to have UL certificate, they didnt mention anything about high/low voltage components.

By the way, Is it true that Nichicon company's components dont have UL certificate?
We purchased a 400V capacitor from them and I was wondering if problem might araise due to this company's capacitor.

Thanks alot.

I mean that you should look them up there by whatever means available. It might require a bit of effort. For example, you wonder if it is true that Nichicon's components don't have UL and yet if you type Nichicon into the search engine, you get a list of all the Nichicon certifications that UL has. In that list I find that only their capacitor series EEP and EEN have UL listing.

What type of product are you building? What UL Standard are trying to be listed to?

In general your listed parts will bear a UL mark and your recognized parts will bear UR mark on the part if size permits.

Thanks guys.
In the next few days, I'm supposed to be given a number of UL standards that my product should pass compliance with.

I looked over my board and the through-holes ones dont bear an UL\UR mark on them.
Most of the components are SMDs actually.

I wanted to ask one more thing please, do you know what is the maximum allowed transmission power in home automation and industry equipment?
I'm talking about wireless communication, I experienced that the more dBm the TX power has, the larger is the reception range, but i wanted to know what is the maximum dBm allowed for TX power.

Thank you very much again.

Last edited:
I mean that you should look them up there by whatever means available. It might require a bit of effort. For example, you wonder if it is true that Nichicon's components don't have UL and yet if you type Nichicon into the search engine, you get a list of all the Nichicon certifications that UL has. In that list I find that only their capacitor series EEP and EEN have UL listing.

Hey,
I was trying to find some Nichicon components that belong to the EEP or EEN serieses, but I couldnt find such series of Nichicon.
Do you know about such capacitors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back