Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UK - WHERE IS MY PETROL

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacIntoshCZ

Hello,
so whats really going on in UK? How bad situation actually is?

Not sure... but I went to the fuel depot yesterday, no queue and filled up. When I went past this morning there was no queue again.

Christ knows!! Everyone I know has filled up even our engineer , who travels the length of Britain, has filled TWICE!!

Pass....

Hello,
so whats really going on in UK? How bad situation actually is?
It's just the media causing all the bother - nothing was happening until they started making loads of fuss about a supposed shortage of tanker drivers - then all the idiots dashed out and filled their cars, and every spare can they could find. That's all that's causing a shortage - there were plenty of tanker drivers to keep all the petrol stations supplied, until demand went stupid for no reason.

It's just the media causing all the bother - nothing was happening until they started making loads of fuss about a supposed shortage of tanker drivers - then all the idiots dashed out and filled their cars, and every spare can they could find. That's all that's causing a shortage - there were plenty of tanker drivers to keep all the petrol stations supplied, until demand went stupid for no reason.
Thats kinda same situation like shortage of toilet paper when covid strikes first. I was forced into "economical mode"...

Thats kinda same situation like shortage of toilet paper when covid strikes first. I was forced into "economical mode"...
I'm working from home at the moment, as I need the car on Sunday and don't have enough petrol to do both - no petrol at the stations I drive past on Monday, and big queues of people trying to get in them on Tuesday.

I'm working from home at the moment, as I need the car on Sunday and don't have enough petrol to do both - no petrol at the stations I drive past on Monday, and big queues of people trying to get in them on Tuesday.
Is there any limit at the moment - how much petrol you can buy?

Think this was an orchestrated 'shortage' to help with the fuel stocks after the 18 mth lockdown as the producers tanks were full to bursting .. Just a feeling :confused:

with only 30l tank =D, thats not much. Our skoda fabia 1 has 45l. Its from 2004. 1.9TDI 77kW PD.
Thinking when EU will block my car...
It's a Suzuki Ignis, does about 55 miles per gallon, so you're looking 300-320 miles on a full tank.

It's well specced as well, as it's the top model - including 4 wheel drive. We don't seem to get much snow these days, but where I live 4 wheel drive helps a lot when it does snow.

I'm still running round on the tank of fuel I bought two weeks ago - 55L capacity and I've done around 300 miles on it with 300 left so should last me another couple of weeks. Not bad for a 150bhp turbo petrol car (>60mpg). We've got around 30,000 litres of petrol at work and have been told we can purchase some for personal use if things get desperate or alternatively I could use the Tesla sat on the driveway. I'm not panic buying :cool::cool:

I'm still running round on the tank of fuel I bought two weeks ago - 55L capacity and I've done around 300 miles on it with 300 left so should last me another couple of weeks. Not bad for a 150bhp turbo petrol car (>60mpg). We've got around 30,000 litres of petrol at work and have been told we can purchase some for personal use if things get desperate or alternatively I could use the Tesla sat on the driveway. I'm not panic buying :cool::cool:
Thats nice. We have tested our car and come to conclusion that its possible to drive around 3l/100km when we drive in "grandpa mode". Grandpa mode stays for not accelerating using gas pedal but only with shifting different gears... Its nerve-wracking....

This is the best I managed on a run - went down to London to pick up a control cabinet I won on eBay and drove back - temperatures on the way down were 28 degrees + so had the aircon on all the way as well.

83mpg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back