Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

uC/OS-II PIC24 Port Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

mad.scientist

Hi,
I'm trying to get the uC/OS-II port for the PIC24 to compile. I've been at this for a couple weeks and am stumped. I know the PIC24 port was meant for the Explorer16 board, but I'm trying to implement uC/OS-II onto just the PIC.
The PIC that I am using is the PIC24FJ256DA206.

Basically where my immediate issue lies is in the OSTaskStkInit() function. The function uses a variable called "DS." DS isn't declared anywhere in this file(os_cpu_c.c), and doesn't seem to be declared in any of the included files. I'm at a loss as to how to solve this issue. I'm fairly new to the PIC24F family and new to the C30 compiler as well.

I get the same error for another variable called "SS." Same problem lies here. I can't find where the variable is defined. These variables (SS and DS) are not passed into the functions, and not declared within the functions themselves, so I am thinking that they must be global variables.

I read a bit about porting in the "MicroC/OS-II The Real Time Kernel 2nd Edition" and there is no mention about the DS and SS variable. However, in the "80x86 Larger Model Port" section, it says that DS and SS are "Segment Registers." Not sure what that means.

I've included some images of the functions as well as the files in the project space. If anyone has experience with this port, or with this type of issue, I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks,
-Pete

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back