Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

type of potentiometer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

batman

i came across a component that i cannot identify. it is in a vibrating table's motor control circuit. it looks like a potentiometer, with three terminals on the side, except it has 4 more terminals in the back! the ac line connects to it, along with the motor and an SCR. you turn it a little, and the device clicks on, and then it is in a variable area, similar to a dimmer switch. i am trying to get the shaker table to work, and i need to know about this knob.

thanks!

Sounds like a pot with a dual-switch to switch the live and neutral. These were very common at one time on some equipment.

**broken link removed**

thats what it sounds like to me too.
A picture would probably confirm it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back