Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Type of connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

mw52563

Hi
I'm trying to replace the connection on my speed sensor for my treadmill. Is the connector in the picture simply a 3 pin jst?
Thanks
Mike
Screenshot_2020-04-05-13-00-36-689_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Can you measure the pitch? Do you have a picture of the recepticle?

Mike.

Can you measure the distance between the two outer pins? Probably easier on the back of the board. I would expect either 5 or 5.5mm.

Mike.

I'd say it is most likely a 2.54 pitch JST connector.

Look at the ones on these cables:

Does yours have the same ridge pattern on the back to latch in?

A basic 3 way 0.1" Molex style connector would probably also fit, but not latch in.

JST ans MOLEX are brand names. Wire to board and pitch (spacing between pins) you need to know.
There is 2.54 and 2mm for example and 1 and 1.27 and others. The 2.54 being 0.1"
You can measure with a camera and a reference. You can get the dimensions of a coin on line.
But a ruler or drill bit work.
You orient the scale, take a pic and proportional;y figure out another dimension.

The pitch was given in post #5...
I suspect the 5.5mm pitch is the outside dimension and it's actually 2.54mm pitch and center to center of the outer pins is closer to 5mm. Unless someone knows of a 2.75mm pitch connector.

Mike.

I suspect the 5.5mm pitch is the outside dimension
I'm guessing one of the pins is slightly bent outwards, which is quite common with pin headers if the cable part does not pull away exactly square when it is disconnected.

I'm guessing one of the pins is slightly bent outwards, which is quite common with pin headers if the cable part does not pull away exactly square when it is disconnected.

I'm guessing a newbie measured outside of left pin to outside of right pin.instead of center-to-center (or right edge to right edge). That would give 0.1" + 0.1" + 0.025" =0.225" or 5.33mm (measured with a cheap plastic ruler, it looks close enough to 2.5mm).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back