Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Two PIC questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Bill, the HVP universal programmer that i have access too requires us to set the configuration words manually. Do you have any idea that what are the configuration words for the PICKIT2 frimware?I have downloaded the datasheet and am studying it. It requires us to set individual bits themselves.... no LP,HS or anything.

If i make the configuration bits according to the page 3 of this pdf(used to LVP the IC) then will it do??

Should i shut down LVP ?? or should i leave it?

Attachments

• ART_of_mine.pdf
    409.3 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
I am going to upload the copnfiguration words as soon as i make them. Made most of them, will it work?Also what about LVP am i supposed to keep it 1 or 0??

The PICKit2 software doesn't include configuration fuse settings, because it's loaded by a bootloader - it's the bootloader software which includes the configuration settings.

If you want to know the fuse settings used, check the bootloader software.

ALL programmers should load the config fuse settings from the HEX file, if yours doesn't, I suggest you throw it away and get a decent programmer. However, I imagine it's because you're trying to load the PICKit2 software, rather than the bootloader software.

The PK2V023200.HEX file includes the bootloader and config settings.

From the MPLAB IDE
select CONFIGURE / DEVICE / 18F2550
then IMPORT the PK2V023200.HEX file
and then view the CONFIGURE / CONFIGURATION BITS
You'll can write down all the setting and plug them into your programmer.

The PK2V023200.HEX file includes the bootloader and config settings.

From the MPLAB IDE
select CONFIGURE / DEVICE / 18F2550
then IMPORT the PK2V023200.HEX file
and then view the CONFIGURE / CONFIGURATION BITS
You'll can write down all the setting and plug them into your programmer.

Thanks Bill. It works now.LVP sucks!...well atleast for me.

The PICKit2 software doesn't include configuration fuse settings, because it's loaded by a bootloader - it's the bootloader software which includes the configuration settings.

If you want to know the fuse settings used, check the bootloader software.

ALL programmers should load the config fuse settings from the HEX file, if yours doesn't, I suggest you throw it away and get a decent programmer. However, I imagine it's because you're trying to load the PICKit2 software, rather than the bootloader software.

Well Nigel it is a Chinese Programmer but it did do the trick.

Well Nigel it is a Chinese Programmer but it did do the trick.

It's the software, not the hardware, which reads the file and does the programming, the hardware makes no difference - and reading the config settings from a HEX file has been a specific requirement for PIC programmer software for decades.

It's the software, not the hardware, which reads the file and does the programming, the hardware makes no difference - and reading the config settings from a HEX file has been a specific requirement for PIC programmer software for decades.

Thanks. The progammer is very wierd.I know.But its my friends headache to deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back