Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

two communicating line followers

Status
Not open for further replies.

shreyasjk

my project requires my two line followers to communicate with each each other wirelessly. basic requirement is that one bot should be able to power on/off the other. an ideas on how this could be achieved.?

are you 100% sure you need to power on the other one and not "start/stop the motion" of the other one as if you power it off, it cannot receive power on command?! You can stop it, and start it, but it has to be powered on in order to listen to commands.

except start/stop what else you want them to talk about?

do you have "line of sight"?

if you have line of sight the easiest way to make them talk is IR. You have IR communication examples in Nigel's tutorial:

yes you are right. it should be able to start/stop the other bot. what exactly do you mean by "line of sight"?? i'm a newbie, so bear with me. thanks for the reply.

line of sight mean that there is no obstacle limiting light going from one to another. For example if they are in separate rooms. The IR communication works like your TV remote, you have to have line of sight between remote and TV for remote to be able to send signal to TV what to do. Here is the same thing, if you have the line of sight you can use IR for them to talk to each other. If you do not have line of sight you have to go with RF and that require transmit and receive circuits that are not easy if you want them not to drift too much... you can get some failry cheap transmitter modules with low quality, slow speed and low range but they will work, or you can go more expensive or even digital with BlueTooth or Zigbee...

I suggest you first try simple communication with IR as explained in Nigel's tutorials. If you do not have much experience, I suggest you first go trough all Nigel's tutorials before you start your project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back