Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tv sound question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curtis25

There may be a simple solution but I have yet to find it. Here's my problem, ill play or stream a movie through my laptop to my tv though HDMI. Instead of playing through the tv speakers I would rather thr sound come out my sound bar or surround sound. I cannot seem to find a way to do this. I have a LG tv.
Let me know if you need any additional information for suggestions or solutions.
-Thanks Curt

Many TVs have audio line outputs and programming in the menu to turn off the TV speakers.

It's also likely that any reasonably recent TV and soundbar will have optical audio connections, simply connect an optical lead from the TV output to the soundbar input (most TV's no longer have analogue audio outputs).

Another option is HDMI ARC - connect an HDMI lead from the ARC socket on the TV to the ARC socket on the soundbar.

Assuming the TV has analogue out (like I said most don't, and LG don't) you could be it via analogue connections (usually 3.5mm jack to two phonos).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back