Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TV remote control finder!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronqqq

:D
Hello,
I am new to this site .. Looks like a really neat place to visit.
Anyway,

I have a rather large house and 2 small children. Put the two together and your TV remote control is no where to be found!
I need a project, somewhat like a cordless phone beeper that locates the phone, But I need it for the my remote control!!!
I imagine this device to have a small transmitter and a receiver.
The reciever is attached to the remote and beeps when the transmitter is triggered. If you know where I can get a schematic please let me know.

Now where is my remote!!

Thanks for your help!
Ron

Seems to be very helpful project. 8)
But I would like to suggest you a very simple method. Buy a whistle responding key-chain from the market and attach it to your remote. Now if your remote is lost just whistle and the key-chain will respond to it by whistling back or beep. :idea:

Ok I found something for you. Look at this page: **broken link removed**

i thought of a whisle respunde, but what about using a radio device and a directional antenna to find the remote.
arrach the transmitter to the remote and make it emitt pulses, and use a directioanal antenna so you can find it.
it will be quite fun.
thing if this: fox hunting in your house.
it is not a very prectical idea, but it is funny.

It's not a project but I saw a neet device at The Sharper Image Co. The package has 4 stick on "buttons" and a master control. You stick the "buttons" on things that disapear. When you have lost item number 1, you go to the master control and press button #1. The stuck-on button #1 starts beeping. Apparently there is a market for people with kids (oops) I mean people who loose things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back