Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TV Low Volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

Ok i got a tv but for some reason the volume is just to low even when set to 100% on TV. I was thinking about making a small signal/volume booster (like a amp) I dont want volume crazy loud i just want it listen-able. Can i just get voltage from incoming speaker wire and amp it up some way? like with a 5v supply connected internally ?

You don't mention what sort of TV it is?, but it's probably only got a low power amplifier and a really naff tiny speaker - even Sony have made TV's like that!.

It's best if you don't mess inside the set, use an output from the SCART socket to an external amplifer - like surround sound.

Ok i have a sony speaker (not from tv) how can i make a small amp to supply the speaker with more volume. ( i dont want to buy a surround sound) so i am trying to make a external amp then.

I have in my draw a TLO82 and a 741 OP AMP. Can someone help me make a simple amp just to power output from lets say a IPOD/TV(headphone jack) to a single speaker. (mono)

Ok i was looking into the TDA2020 is is like only 20w and the other is 15w i think. How about this.

Can i use TD600K to make a more powerfull amp? What would you recommend for a um.. 80 - 100w amp (just need 1 speaker output really)

15 watt with a avarage speaker give you already enough complains from the neighbours
it's more than enough for what you want to achieve

Robert-Jan

AtomSoft said:
Can i use TD600K to make a more powerful amp? What would you recommend for a um.. 80 - 100w amp (just need 1 speaker output really)

I have 40W of audio power in my room, supplied by Harman/Kardon... most people don't recognise how much it actually is. Of course this is all attributed to those tools who have 500W worth of Sub and another 500W of garbage in their cars (and those who quote peak to peak power rather than Peak RMS)... not thinking about how much current this draws... anyway, back on topic...

15W will be plenty for your listening, unless you have something like a 300m^3 room... but I'm assuming it's an average size room, used for average type activities...

So in summation, the TDA2020 and 2030 will be fine for your purpose. Make sure that you check your speaker impedance and minimum/maximum input wattage. It might only be an 8W speaker...

So my best bet would be to follow schematics in data sheet then right?
**broken link removed**

the only parts i have thats needed is:
TDA2020 (hope i can find this)
D1, D2 (i have some 1N4001)
C1, C6, C8 (need to get some 4.7uf and 68uf also 0.1uf)
R3, R2 (need the rest lol)

So i guess im going shopping soon. (but im broke right now .. oh wait my girl gets paid tomorrow (me on friday :( ) I guess a nice rub is gonna happen lol)

So how about it. Should i try this schem? If so .. if i run into trouble can i count on you people to lend a hand ( i know most would tho but just asking)

Thanks in advance.

Oh yeah you said you have a schem for a 40w amp right ? How about a peek.

I finally got it done on a breadboard sounded crappy at first but found out it was my 250 capacitor (2 100uf and 1 47uf) the 47uf wasnt in all the way i used the 20 gain from the LM386N Data Sheet. Sounds good now. Just gota go tommorow and buy a board. I got some copper boards but no laser printer so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back