TV antenna RF amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

hermhart

I am looking for a circuit for a TV signal amplfier that mounts at the antenna. It has a power supply inside at the TV which sends DC power up the feedline to the amp. The amp sends the amplified signal (25-30 db of gain) down the same feedline. Amplfied in this way there is minimum of noise being amplifed compared with a unit that is located totally at the TV. Ideally that it would be limited to UHF and possibly VHF frequencies.

Instead of building one, I suggest you to buy a TV antenna booster from the market because it includes lots of non-standard inductors which are difficult to construct and tuning them and making them work in harmony is a painful job.

Well, I suggest everyone not to go for RF project unless it is very simple to construct or you have a lot of experience building these circuits. I myself have tried building many RF circuits out of which hardly a few worked properly. All others were wastage of time and $$$.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…