Turn signal failure to cancel alert circuit (Golf cart)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhartley

I live in a golf cart accessible community. Golf carts with turn signals have dash lights to show that the turn signals are active. I would like a circuit to start a buzzer 10-15 seconds after the turn signal is activated, i.e., a reminder circuit.

Turn signal alarm

I live in a golf cart accessible community. Golf carts with turn signals have dash lights to show that the turn signals are active. I would like a circuit to start a buzzer 10-15 seconds after the turn signal is activated, i.e., a reminder circuit.

Did you get a answer to your question? Do you still need a circuit?

Stumped

Ahh! a voice from the past. Sorry no one got back to you then.
I Goggled: turn signal reminder circuit.
**broken link removed**
About $20
Or do you want to build one from scratch?
Ken

Thanks for the link. I am going to order this unit.
I would still like to get the signal reminder circuit because
I would like to play around with some ideas.

We live in a golf cart accessible community of 80,000 people
so there is potentially a business opportunity for someone on this
forum if they would want to pursue it. I think the key would be
ease of installation or a link with some of the local golf cart
dealers.

Dick

Last edited:

When I Goggled, I didn't find any schematics for delayed turn signal reminders except for patents. Not sure you could beat the $20 price for the one in the link, if you want to make a profit. There were a bunch circuits, mostly on motorcycle forums, that were just a buzzer and a bridge rectifier from Radio Shack...maybe $5. Those beep with every blink of the turn signal, not after a delay.

Ken

With the help of CCURTIS ( a member of this form) I just built the circuit
you are looking for. I installed it in my Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel. I'm hard
of hearing but can hear my buzzer without a problem. I can adjust the tine
from a few seconds to a couple of minutes. After the time delay every time the
turn signal blinks the buzzer beeps. Turn off the turn signal and no more beeping..
I hooked the circuit to my front turn signals. When I tried to hook them to mt rear
signals every time I put on the brakes the buzzer would beep.

I found that 30 seconds wasn't long enough if you are in a turn lane it will time out
befor the signal light turns green.

I'm going to have a PCB made. The board will be about 2 inches by 3.5 inches.

Stumped

You can do it very simply with a transistor and a buzzer called a "reversing buzzer."

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Many turn indicators in cars, motor bikes and golf carts are not very loud.
That's why they get left ON.
Here are 2 circuits for you to experiment with and work out which is the best for your application.
They use a piezo buzzer that has an oscillator circuit inside the case and produces a 3kHz annoying tone. We have listed two different types. TypeA produces a constant 3kHz tone that increases with loudness as the voltage increases.
TypeB is called a REVERSING BUZZER and produces a beep-beep-beep when a constant DC voltage is applied. The output increases in volume as the voltage increases.

Circuit A turns on after 15 seconds to let you know the turn indicator is active.
You can use Piezo TypeA to get a beep when the turn light is ON and silence when the light is OFF.
Piezo typeB will produce a beep-beep-beep when the light is ON and silence when it is OFF.

Circuit B turns on after 15 seconds and the piezo will increase in loudness.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…