Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Turn signal failure to cancel alert circuit (Golf cart)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhartley

I live in a golf cart accessible community. Golf carts with turn signals have dash lights to show that the turn signals are active. I would like a circuit to start a buzzer 10-15 seconds after the turn signal is activated, i.e., a reminder circuit.

Turn signal alarm

I live in a golf cart accessible community. Golf carts with turn signals have dash lights to show that the turn signals are active. I would like a circuit to start a buzzer 10-15 seconds after the turn signal is activated, i.e., a reminder circuit.

Did you get a answer to your question? Do you still need a circuit?

Stumped

Stumped,

Did you notice that rhartley only made this one post...and that was 4 years ago?

Ken

Ahh! a voice from the past. ;) Sorry no one got back to you then.
I Goggled: turn signal reminder circuit.
**broken link removed**
About $20
Or do you want to build one from scratch?
Ken

Thanks for the link. I am going to order this unit.
I would still like to get the signal reminder circuit because
I would like to play around with some ideas.

We live in a golf cart accessible community of 80,000 people
so there is potentially a business opportunity for someone on this
forum if they would want to pursue it. I think the key would be
ease of installation or a link with some of the local golf cart
dealers.

Dick

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. I am going to order this unit.
I would still like to get the signal reminder circuit because
I would like to play around with some ideas.

We live in a golf cart accessible community of 80,000 people
so there is potentially a business opportunity for someone on this
forum if they would want to pursue it. I think the key would be
ease of installation or a link with some of the local golf cart
dealers.

Dick

When I Goggled, I didn't find any schematics for delayed turn signal reminders except for patents. Not sure you could beat the $20 price for the one in the link, if you want to make a profit. There were a bunch circuits, mostly on motorcycle forums, that were just a buzzer and a bridge rectifier from Radio Shack...maybe $5. Those beep with every blink of the turn signal, not after a delay.

Ken

With the help of CCURTIS ( a member of this form) I just built the circuit
you are looking for. I installed it in my Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel. I'm hard
of hearing but can hear my buzzer without a problem. I can adjust the tine
from a few seconds to a couple of minutes. After the time delay every time the
turn signal blinks the buzzer beeps. Turn off the turn signal and no more beeping..
I hooked the circuit to my front turn signals. When I tried to hook them to mt rear
signals every time I put on the brakes the buzzer would beep.

I found that 30 seconds wasn't long enough if you are in a turn lane it will time out
befor the signal light turns green.

I'm going to have a PCB made. The board will be about 2 inches by 3.5 inches.

Stumped

You can do it very simply with a transistor and a buzzer called a "reversing buzzer."

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Many turn indicators in cars, motor bikes and golf carts are not very loud.
That's why they get left ON.
Here are 2 circuits for you to experiment with and work out which is the best for your application.
They use a piezo buzzer that has an oscillator circuit inside the case and produces a 3kHz annoying tone. We have listed two different types. TypeA produces a constant 3kHz tone that increases with loudness as the voltage increases.
TypeB is called a REVERSING BUZZER and produces a beep-beep-beep when a constant DC voltage is applied. The output increases in volume as the voltage increases.

Circuit A turns on after 15 seconds to let you know the turn indicator is active.
You can use Piezo TypeA to get a beep when the turn light is ON and silence when the light is OFF.
Piezo typeB will produce a beep-beep-beep when the light is ON and silence when it is OFF.

Circuit B turns on after 15 seconds and the piezo will increase in loudness.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back